Founded in 1991 by renowned pharmacist and aromatherapist Dominique Baudoux, Pranarôm is an industry-leading scientific and medical aromatherapy laboratory.
Originally a family business, Pranarôm has become the undisputed expert in innovative natural products made from 100% pure and certified organic chemotyped essential oils. With solutions for a variety of health and beauty applications, Pranarom products are suitable for both children and adults.
Deeply rooted in science and invested in ongoing clinical research and development, Pranarôm uses training and data-sharing to create innovative products, launch new initiatives, and continually attract new talent.
Pranarôm at a glance:
- Experts in the biochemical components (chemotypes) of essential oils.
- Quality and purity guarantee: Our “QC3” system ensures that all products undergo physicochemical and spectrographic analysis by three independent laboratories.
- Farm to pharmacy: exclusive relationships with artisan distillers worldwide.
- Know-how: our team of scientists and researchers engages in ongoing research to understand and analyze the activity and toxicity of essential oils.
- Presence at international universities and scientific conventions.
- A large selection of wildcrafted and certified organic materials (Certisys-BE1 certification) (in the US, we certify with ECOCERT ICO & USDA NOP)
- More than 250 chemotyped essential oils and virgin plant oils in total.
- Development of several lines of finished products made from chemotyped essential oils.
- International expertise in the creation of powerful aromatic blends and “Private Label” products.
- Education: training programs, seminars, and workshops.
Today, Pranarôm is the proud employer of an ever increasing number of employees around the world. We hope to continue to attract talent to launch new and innovative products and initiatives that contribute to a more harmonious way of life.
A family legacy
Dominique Baudoux is a pharmacist by trade, as were his father and grandfather before him. In the 1980s, he was one of the first pharmacists in Belgium to take an interest in the therapeutic properties of essential oils.
Fueled by his enthusiasm for this under-studied modality, Dominique Baudoux traveled throughout France and Belgium to give conferences and educate his peers on the merits of essential oils as a means for total-body health & wellbeing. As his work became known throught the scientific community, he was invited to Japan, Quebec, and South Africa by healthcare professionals who were eager to discover the merits of scientific aromatherapy.
An outstanding teacher, Dominique Baudoux continues to convey his passion for essential oils and develop innovative aromatherapy products. His astonishingly effective formulas are a testament to the incredible power of essential oils.
Featured in his first bestseller, “Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils”, these formulas are all-time classics of French aromatherapy and make Dominique Baudoux one of the most respected aromatologists in the world.
Pranarôm boasts unique expertise in the field of essential oils and aromatherapy. Given this unique position, the brand feels a sense of obligation to respect the value and power of plants and to use its knowledge to benefit nature and the wellbeing of others.
Constantly learning, our scientists participate in numerous research projects and actively collaborate on important studies for the health of today, and of tomorrow.
Guided by the meticulous work of Dominique Baudoux, a pharmacist by training and a passionate aromatologist, our scientists conduct research, analyses, and studies in collaboration with hospitals and universities around the world.
In addition to our work with these institutions, Pranarôm employs a highly-skilled team within our own state-of-the-art biomedical laboratory.
We offer educational opportunities for healthcare professionals, as well as consumers interested in learning more about how to support health and wellbeing with essential oils.
Our training sessions are considered the very best in the field of aromatherapy. They are constantly being modified to take into account our new products and laboratory research.
The principles of aromatherapy as recommended by Pranarôm can only be practiced with products of consistent and unmatched quality:
- CTEO label: Selection of botanically certified plants
- Systematic controls and analyses by independent agencies
- Traceability of each batch and monitoring at all levels, from farm to bottle
- Production in accordance with HACCP
- Full compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP) and best laboratory practices (BLP).
Producers and distillers
Pranarôm works in close collaboration with aromatic plant producers and distillers from all over the world. Thanks to this collaboration, we’re able to control the quality of our essential oils from farm to bottle.
- In Madagascar, Pranarôm partnered with farmers in the early 2000s to develop a system for growing aromatic plants in an eco-friendly manner with traditional distillation methods that respect both quality standards and the environment.
- In 2009, Pranarôm launched a large-scale local development project in Antsirabe providing stable and fair employment to more than one hundred people while preserving the laboratory's sustainable supply of essential oils. This project was called AROMABE.
Respect for the environment
Pranarôm supports organic agriculture because we believe it is best for the environment. Whenever possible, Pranarôm creates its products with certified organic ingredients and complies with the requirements of the ORGANIC certification. Most of our products have been awarded an organic certification label by Certisys Belgium.
As an example of our commitment to prioritizing sustainable development, Pranarôm has made an investment in the sustainable planting of organic ravintsara and other local plants in Madagascar. During this planting, ecological and sustainable production methods have been respected. Pranarôm also invests in the cultivation of endangered plant species.
In addition to producing essential oils, Pranarôm provides necessary services (doctors, nursing care, education) to help the local Madagascan population.